Research has shown that a normal person spends two hours a day on social media, but if you are an addict, you are probably spending more. How about making some money through social media instead of aimless scrolling?
You can turn your followers into dollars if you know how play it right?
Social media is for connecting with people across the globe. generally, people use is for sharing personal content with their circle but nowadays people are using it to build their personal brand, increase sales, and drive website traffic, etc… you can leverage these Social media connections. In-fact social media can be quite lucrative these days. If you know how to use it right.
Try to build enough trust with your followers and be authentic. If you pretend or be fake, you can not go long way so be truthful with whatever you do.
As you are here, I believe that you are interested in making money through your social media obsession. Here I am sharing whatever I have learned from my experience. Let’s start with the very first question that people often ask:
Do you need a lot of followers to make money?
The answer is ‘No’. No, you don’t need a large number of followers to make money. Initially, You only need to reach 1000 followers to be able to start making money.
Brands are actively looking for quality over quantity. Brands are willing to work with normal people and micro influences with quality content and engaging followers.
How much money you can make from social media?
When it comes to making money from blogging and social media. The sky is the limit. But it takes serious amount of dedication and effort.
You have to take it as a full-time job. It will give you the flexibility, freedom and independence to work for yourself while making ample amount of money.
At the moment Instagram is all the rage. People are making a huge amount of money through Instagram Influencer marketing. But the trends change and It’s important to keep up with the change and try to quickly respond to any platform which pops up.
How to find your niche?
Niche is a particular topic you are going to focus on. What do you want to be known for? That will be your niche.
Find the topic that you are passionate about and make sure its something that you enjoy writing and talking about.
Once you have the idea then try to narrow it down to a specific angle that is unique and no one has done it before. Suppose you are passionate about traveling and want to make it your niche. But there are thousands of people already talking about it. You might get lost in the crowd.
You have to do it with a twist. Something interesting, something that people are looking for. For example, you can focus on budget travelling, eco traveling, or train travel etc…
How to get more followers on social media?
So once you find your niche and start producing content, your next step is to reach more and more people to spread your idea.
Honestly, there is no quick and easy to increase your followers or connections on any social media platform.
It takes hard work dedication and a serious amount of time.
If you are serious to increase audience on social media, Here are some tips to gain more followers on any social media platform.
- Be consistent.Whatever you are doing do it on a regular basis. If you are not regular and keep ghosting your followers, they will interest. Plan your content in advance, post it on time religiously. It will help you to increase your user base organically.
- Interact with others. Find out the new accounts in your niche, like their content, leave a thoughtful comment, share if you can and try to make genuine connections. These connections may benefit you in the future in terms of collaborations, sponsorship or guest pots, etc.
- Use hashtags. Hashtags are a great way to reach a large number of people who are interested in a similar niche. To find the perfect hashtags for your post, use hashtags research tools such as Hashtagify or Ritetag etc. you can also make your own hashtags and encourage your audience to use it when they share your post.
- Try Geo-tagging. Don’t forget to use the location. People often search via location, especially on Instagram. This will create another path for people to find you.
- Use analytics. There are sites like fanpage karma that will give you the insight of your account such as what kind of people like the most, what kind of posts gets more engagement, what kind of posts gets more shares etc. you can use this insight to identify what kind of post works for you. What your audience is actually linking.
- Use videos and stories. People like to see the human behind the page. This way they will get to know you and engage more with you. Every Social media platform has story features, use it to connect with your audience, share your daily life, behind the scenes from your work, talk to them. Create a YouTube channel to share the video content with your followers.
- Create quality content. At the end of the day, people will only get attracted to your content. If you have something interesting to offer people will come to you. Avoid too-much sponsored content. Show your true personality and share genuine stories and experiences so that people will be bound to come back to you.
- Paid advertising. You can also try some paid advertising if you can afford. It will give a quick boost. Try boosting a Facebook post which is doing well to get more page likes and engagement.
How to monetize your social media account?
- Promote brands and products. One of the most common ways to make money on social media is by promoting brands and their products. Write honest reviews and don’t forget to tag the brands you are promoting. Gradually brands will notice you and your content. If they like you, they can send you free stuff to promote or they can pay you for promoting them. Just maintain your authenticity, never promote anything that you do not like. Do not bombard your audience with sponsored content. People often do this mistake to make more money and end up losing their audience. Try to balance with sponsored and unsponsored content.
- Use affiliate links. This is something similar to promoting brands. In affiliate marketing, you need your followers to click on the link and make a sale to earn a commission. There are several affiliate programs but I prefer the Amazon affiliate program. It has thousands of product links to choose from. You need to find something that suits your niche. Once you find the link you need to get people to click on the link and buy the product. But how? The key is to embed the link within high-quality content such as reviews. Only promote what you really believe in. because it’s all about the trust your followers will only buy your recommendation only if they trust you.
- Create an information product. If you are someone who has deep knowledge in a particular area. You can establish yourself as an expert in that field by sharing your thoughts and views via different social media platforms. Once you have enough connections on your social media platform then you can start selling your information product such as eBooks, emails, audio or video courses, etc. you can also use platforms like Udemy. They will help you to set up your own shot to sell a product. They will deal with everything from marketing to selling all you need to do is to produce quality content. However, they will take a small share of the money you make.
These are the three main ways to make money from social media but that’s not all. Opportunities are endless in the digital world. Think outside the box and be creative. If you have talent, no one can stop you. Just choose the platform you are comfortable with and start sharing your talent with the world.
Best of luck!
For now, signing off until next post.
Like and subscribe to The Life. & Do not forget to share this with your near and dear ones.
Thanks for reading | Stay happy, stay healthy.
- 5 New Year Resolutions to Live More Eco-Friendly Lifestyle
- What It Feels Like To Be An Introvert
- 7 Worrying Reasons Why India’s Women Are More Prone To Depression Than Men
- Why Do a Married Women Have To “Look Married?”
- Why Indian brides are depressed post-marriage?
- 13 Easy and Effective Time Management Tips
- Top 10 Tips to make yourself Mentally Strong
- Top 20 Ultimate Tips For Better College or Academic Life
- Top 10 Bits of Advice from a Judge who handled family dispute courts
- Top 10 Parenting Rules by Janusz Korczak you need to know
- Where There is a will, There is a way
- How to Stop Giving your Powers away to the world