How often you feel that you don’t have enough time? You really want to do something but at the end of the day, you are usually exhausted? you are putting backbreaking work yet not getting any significant results or results are not doing justice with the hard work you put on. You keep putting tasks off and procrastinate a lot. Then, my dear, this is nothing but the lack of time management.
“Time management” is nothing but the art of managing and utilizing our time in the best possible way so that we can maximize our productivity and achieve long-term goals.
I believe that Time is the best equalizer. there are always only 24 hours in a day. We all have an equal amount of time on our account. It’s totally up to us how we make the best of it. We should Internalize this fact before the time flies.
If you are here reading this article, I want to congratulate you that you are on the right path and have taken a step ahead for self-improvement. Here are some amazing, effective and easy to adapt time management tips for you. You don’t have to change your lifestyle drastically, simply take baby steps and see the wonders. So let’s dive in:
- In this digital Era, Use of the Internet and social media is inevitable. It’s quite useful till used in moderation. But if you are 24/7 on the internet, scrolling the random feeds, stalking random people and binge-watching web series, then this is the worst possible thing you can do with your time. such unwise activities will add no value in your life. Hence the first thing you can do is to monitor your daily activities.
- You can Monitor your daily activities manually on paper or you can use daily activity tracker apps such as toggle or calendar. It will give an accurate picture of how are you spending your average day and what’s stealing your time. Analyze your daily activities and prioritize tasks, eliminate futile activities and plan your day accordingly.
Time management is an oxymoron. Time is beyond our control, and the clock keeps ticking regardless of how we lead our lives. Priority management is the answer to maximizing the time we have.
John C. Maxwel
- Before you start planning your day, you must have a clear purpose on your mind. Your to-do list should be based on how important and urgent your tasks are. Stephen Covey, co-author of the best selling book “First Things First”, offers an outstanding time management formula. Take a look at your to-do list and find out which activity fit into these categories?
Make a list of “important and urgent” tasks that must be accomplished today. Dedicate your most active hours to these tasks. For example, if you are a student then the study is the first thing you should do in the morning before you start your conventional day. As you complete the task mark it as done on your list. It will give you a sense of accomplishment and motivate you to move further with more contentment.
“If it’s your job to eat a frog, it’s best to do it first thing in the morning. And If it’s your job to eat two frogs, it’s best to eat the biggest one first.”
- Identify your most productive hours during the day. It can help to use your time wisely and increase productivity. Try tracking your energy level throughout the day for a week or so and identify your energy peaks. For example, if you are energetic during the mornings, try to get the bulk of your work done in the morning. During the night, you can slow down and do relaxing things you enjoy. It can take a while to identify your energy peaks.
- Benjamin Franklin said, “The early morning has gold in its mouth.” People who wake up early in the morning have more time in their account in comparison to those who oversleep. Apart that early mornings are good for your mind and body.
“Morning is an important time of day because how you spend your morning can often tell you what kind of day you are going to have.”
- Sleeping less to accomplish more task can lead you to trouble. Tired body and mind cannot be productive and creative. Hence if you are sleep deprived, you will procrastinate more and get distracted easily. Give your brain at least eight hours of sleep every night.
- The human brain can only focus on about 90-minutes at a time. hence a break is a must in at least every 90 minutes to refresh your mind and body. It will help you to maintain high productivity throughout your day. To get the more insight of this to unplug theory https://www.fastcompany.com/3013188/why-you-need-to-unplug-every-90-minutes
- Another great time management tip is to use the 80-20 Rule, also known as the Pareto Principle. It says that 80 percent of the result comes from 20 percent of the effort. hence recognize your 20 percent that is producing 80 percent of the results and scales that out. You can do this with thoroughly tracking and analyzing your to-do list every day. Work smart.
- Make the use of your commute time by Answering emails on your phone, catch up on missed calls or messages, relax or meditate. Carry a book/Kindle with you and read. Listen to podcasts on your phone.
- Your time is money. Don’t waste it on people or things that don’t align with your mission and goals. Learn to say “NO”.
- Most people have the habit to do the task at the nick of the time. Do not wait for the deadline. Plan to submit your work one day ahead of schedule and make it a habit.
- Meditate and Exercise every single morning. It will help you to Cut out the toxins from your mind and body. You will see a drastic shift in your energy, stamina, and mental focus. You might not believe but this will help you to get better command on your time.
- Whenever you’re feeling low or lacking inspiration. Take a break, Turn to YouTube, TED Talks and any other inspirational source you enjoy. You can also speak to someone who inspires and motivates you. It’s hard to stay on track when you lose that drive. Find your escape, Recharge yourself and come back with a Bang.
- Stop being a perfectionist. It doesn’t exist. When you’re a perfectionist, nothing will ever be good enough for you and you’ll keep wasting your time on the same task over and over again. you can imagine how productive your day will be? hence do run behind perfection, Do the best you can and move on.
Practice these time management tips and ideas listed above and internalize a productivity mindset. Set a reasonable schedule and work smart.
All the best.
For now, signing off until next post.
Do let me know your take on this topic in the comments section. I will love update this article with some of your comments and remarks too.
Like and subscribe to Life Hacks. & Do not forget to share this with your near and dear ones.
Thanks for reading | Stay happy, stay healthy.
- Top 10 Tips to make yourself Mentally Strong
- Top 20 Ultimate Tips For Better College or Academic Life
- Top 10 Bits of Advice from a Judge who handled family dispute courts
- Top 10 Parenting Rules by Janusz Korczak you need to know
- Where There is a will, There is a way
- How to Stop Giving your Powers away to the world
- Infuse Your Life with Action
- All you need to know about “Anxiety Disorders”
- HOW TO HELP A DRUG ADDICT FAMILY MEMBER
- DEPRESSION IN WOMEN- “WHOLE-BODY” ILLNESS