The number of cosmetic products and amount of advice available in regard to skin health can be overwhelming. Who has time to do everything it takes to achieve model-quality skin? You’d be surprised to know that keeping your skin healthy and radiant is actually very straight-forward and doesn’t require a time-consuming routine.
Here are four easy steps that you can start following TODAY to unlock your skin’s beautiful potential!
Step 1: Daily Cleansing
Cleansing is an essential component of your daily health and beauty routine, especially for your face. Your facial skin is much thinner and more sensitive than the skin on the rest of your body, particularly to stressors in the environment. Irritants like dust, pollution, pet dander, and pollen can cause reactions like itching and unsightly rashes. Infections with pathogens like bacteria and mites can contribute to a number of skin conditions like acne, rosacea, and dermatitis.
Keeping your skin clean of these nuisances is important for keeping it in tip-top condition. Start your day right with a quick cleanse of your face. You can use a dedicated facial cleansing product for this, but diluted baby shampoo or even plain water will work fine for routine maintenance. Gently massaging your skin with a washcloth dampened with warm water can also stimulate natural rejuvenation in your skin, on top of just feeling relaxing.1
Step 2: Eat Right
As it turns out, a proper diet is essential for keeping your skin in vitality. There are a number of specific foods that can even help your skin look healthier and more luscious. The good news is, many of these foods are quite tasty as well.
Foods that are rich in antioxidants, like vitamins C and E, help protect against the accumulating damage from oxygen radicals and UV radiation from the sun. Berries, especially blueberries, and citrus fruits like lemons and oranges are particularly rich in antioxidants.3A diet rich in anti-inflammatory ingredients such as omega-3 fatty acids are also beneficial for your skin. Perhaps you have heard of the amazing health benefits of fish oil? Healthy oils from fish, nuts, and seeds help keep inflammation in your skin down and improve its elasticity.4
Step 3: Moisturize with Vitamins
Moisturizing is an integral part of your skincare routine. Water molecules trapped within the collagen fibers help this structural matrix maintain its shape and nourish the skin cells within it. Proper hydration of your skin keeps it softer and plumper, smoothing the surface and reducing pits and wrinkles.
Be sure to use a lighter moisturizer for sensitive skin areas as well. Many moisturizers contain aloe and vitamin E, or other natural ingredients such as lavender extract, honey, or hyaluronic acid. Some of these extra ingredients help to keep moisture retained in your skin.5Topical vitamins in skin cream can also help your skin receive some of its nutrients more efficiently than by eating them.
Step 4: Use a Microneedle Derma Roller
This step is probably a lot less obvious than the first three. That is because micro needling is a relatively recent development in dermatology. The way it works is this: rows of tiny needles arranged on a roller create microscopic perforations in the surface layer of your skin as they are gently rolled along. These stimulate a natural healing response from your body, which produces new elastic fibers at the treated site for plumper, more flexible skin.6
Several recent studies have shown that micro-needling is not only perfectly safe and has minimal irritation, but it is also effective in alleviating various blemishes. A few minutes of rolling, three times a week for a month can produce visible results. People who have used Dermarollers, either at a dermatologist’s clinic or at home, have seen reductions in wrinkles, scars, and stretch marks, as well as smoother skin overall.7
The Bottom Line
For healthier, better-looking skin, there are a few simple steps that can easily be worked into your daily routine. Cleanse and moisturize daily, incorporate antioxidant-rich foods and healthy oils into your diet, and use your Dermaroller for a few minutes every 2-3 days. You’ll be on your way to beautiful, glowing skin in no time.
For now, signing off until next post. please motivate me by giving your feedback as the comment and also share your views.
Please don’t forget to like, subscribe, comment and share with your loved ones.
Thanks for reading | Stay happy, stay healthy. Take care!
- Eau Thermal Avene Triacneal Expert emulsion | Review
- TOP 10 BENEFITS OF LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL
- 5 Things to Avoid If You Are Suffering from Skin Asthma or eczema
- HOW TO GET RID OF ACNE/PIMPLES FAST
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SUNSCREEN (SPF FACTS)
- STOPPING THAT REBOUND IN WEIGHT
- Multivitamins; A Health Liability?
- THE INGREDIENTS OF HEALTHY LIFESTYLE
- BEAUTY BENEFITS OF DRINKING COCONUT WATER DAILY
- BAD HABITS THAT CAN RUIN YOUR HEALTH (WORTH QUITTING)
1. Kuehl BL, Fyfe KS, Shear NH. Cutaneous cleansers. Skin therapy letter. 2003;8(3):1-4.
2. Draelos ZD. The effect of a daily facial cleanser for normal to oily skin on the skin barrier of subjects with acne. Cutis. 2006;78(1 Suppl):34-40.
3. Pullar JM, Carr AC, Vissers MCM. The Roles of Vitamin C in Skin Health. Nutrients. 2017;9(8).
4. Huang T-H, Wang P-W, Yang S-C, Chou W-L, Fang J-Y. Cosmetic and Therapeutic Applications of Fish Oil’s Fatty Acids on the Skin. Marine Drugs. 2018;16(8):256.
5. Casetti F, Wolfle U, Gehring W, Schempp CM. Dermocosmetics for dry skin: a new role for botanical extracts. Skin pharmacology and physiology. 2011;24(6):289-293.