If you have an ability to understand and share the feelings of others, You are an empath. It is the action of understanding, being aware of or being sensitive to the experience of another person. Such personality can actually put so much strain on one’s mental health and abilities.
“The Empath is often said to have such a great degree of empathy that they can literally feel what others feel, and thus intuitively know many of the yearnings, sensitivities, tastes and even thought patterns of the people they’re around.”
: Aletheia Luna
Here are the top 10 traits of an empath. See if you can relate:
- Empaths are highly sensitive people. They get hurt very easily. Remarks like “You are very sensitive” and “You need to be strong” are very common for them.
“As empaths, our high level of sensitivity means that we are prone to feeling like eternal outsiders who are in the world but not quite of the world.”
: Aletheia Luna
- Empaths can easily absorb other people’s moods, good and bad. They feel everything, it can be extremely exhausting sometimes. People with Negative energy can drive the crazy. they will flourish around love and positivity.
- Empaths are introvert in many cases. They become overwhelmed by the crowd. They prefer one-to-one contact or small groups. Even if an empath extrovert they limit the time they spend in a crowd.
“Blessed are those who do not fear solitude, who are not afraid of their own company, who are not always desperately looking for something to do, something to amuse themselves with, something to judge.”
: Paulo Coelho
- Empaths experience the world through their intuition. They are highly intuitive and listen to their gut feelings about people. This helps empaths find positive relationships.
The best leaders are readers of people. They have the intuitive ability to understand others by discerning how they feel and recognizing what they sense.
: John C. Maxwell
- Empaths need alone time, being around people can be draining for them. they need alone time to recharge. The escape is must to prevent emotional overload.
In solitude, the mind gains strength and learns to lean upon itself.
: Laurence Sterne
- Empaths can become overwhelmed in intimate relationships. They are afraid of losing their identity.
- Empaths are targets for energy vampires such as narcissists or self-centered people. The can make empaths believe that they’re unworthy and unlovable. Other vampires include The Victim, The Chronic Talker, The Melodramatic and more.
- The monotonous everyday life is too much for an empath. The natural world nourishes and restores them. It helps them release their burdens and they can take refuge in the presence of green wild things, the ocean, or other bodies of water.
- Empaths have highly tuned senses. An empath’s nerves can get frayed by noise, smells, or excessive talking.
- Empaths are big-hearted people and try to relieve the pain of others
As an empath myself, I know it’s hard to deal with sensitivities. Dealing with draining people and emotional outburst can be so exhausting. but I had to learn to take care of myself.
People like us have special needs physically, mentally and emotionally. it’s important to honor your needs and communicate them to your loved ones.
For now, signing off until next post. please motivate me by giving your feedback as the comment and also share your views. Please don’t forget to like, subscribe, comment and share with your loved ones.
- Top 20 Ultimate Tips For Better College or Academic Life
- Top 10 Bits of Advice from a Judge who handled family dispute courts
- Top 10 Parenting Rules by Janusz Korczak you need to know
- Top 5 Tips For The Groom To Prep For Wedding
- Where There is a will, There is a way
- How to Stop Giving your Powers away to the world
- Infuse Your Life with Action
- All you need to know about “Anxiety Disorders”
- HOW TO HELP A DRUG ADDICT FAMILY MEMBER
- DEPRESSION IN WOMEN- “WHOLE-BODY” ILLNESS