Parentage is a very important profession, but no test of fitness for it is ever imposed in the interest of the children. : George Bernard Shaw
Parenting is the process of promoting and supporting the physical, emotional, social, and intellectual development of a child from infancy to adulthood. Apart from biological parents of the child, others like an older sibling, a grandparent, a legal guardian, aunt, uncle or other family members also play a very important role in the development of the child.
A parent with good parenting skills may be referred to as a good parent. Parenting style may vary based on Social class, wealth, culture and income. Bad parenting styles can destroy your child’s life forever and No one can ever be able to make up for that.
Here are top 10 principles of parenting by Janusz Korczak who was an outstanding Polish educator, writer, doctor, and social activist.
- Do not expect that your child will be just like you, or the way you want him to be. Help him to become not you, but themselves.
- Do not ask the child to pay for all that you did for him. You gave him life, how can he repay you? He will give life to another, one – third, and this is an irreversible law of gratitude.
- Do not vent your grievances on the child, so that old age does not have the bitter bread. For what you sow, so shall arise.
“To be in your children’s memories tomorrow, you have to be in their lives today.” :Unknown
- Do not look down on his/her problems. Life is given to each within their own abilities, and be sure – it is hard for him too, no less than you do, and perhaps more, since he has no experience.
- Do not put down!
“Your kids require you most of all to love them for who they are, not to spend your whole time trying to correct them.” :Bill Ayers
- Do not forget that the most important meeting of man – his meeting with the children. Pay more attention to them – we can never know whom we meet in a child.
- Do not torture yourself, if you can not do something for your child, just remember: not enough is done to the child, if not done everything possible.
- The child – it’s not a tyrant, who takes possession of your whole life, not just the fruit of the flesh and blood. This is a precious cup, which God gave you to keep and develop it in a creative fire. It liberated the love of mother and father, who would not grow “our”, “their” child, but the soul, given for saving.
“Let your child see you doing a good deed instead of you telling him or her to do it, and the little child shall one day grow up to become a real kind human being.” :Abhijit Naskar
- Know how to love someone else’s child. Never do to a stranger what would not want to be done to yours.
- Love your child for everything – untalented, unsuccessful, grown up. Talking to him, rejoice because the child – it is a holiday, who is still with you.
“The only guide you need to be a great parent is love.” : George Pornaris
For now, signing off until next post. please motivate me by giving your feedback as the comment and also share your views. Please don’t forget to like, subscribe, comment and share with your loved ones.
- All you need to know about “Anxiety Disorders”
- HOW TO HELP A DRUG ADDICT FAMILY MEMBER
- DEPRESSION IN WOMEN- “WHOLE-BODY” ILLNESS
- Top 11 Quotes That Prove How Teachers Affect Eternity
- How to help loved one with an anxiety disorder?
- LET’S GO GREEN: UNDERSTANDING THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF GARDENING
- TOP 5 EASY RELAXATION TRICKS
- How to be active and energetic all day
- MIGRAINE- THE INVISIBLE ILLNESS
- YOUR OWN HABITS ARE KILLING YOUR BRAIN