If you want “ skin to die for ” you will need to put a significant and sincere amount of effort into helping to bring out its natural radiance.
After all, the skin’s healthy, youthful glow has much to do with how other people perceive you at first glance. Just by looking at your beautiful skin, people will be able to tell that you take good care of yourself and that you value the positive presence you display to the world.
Many understand the value of great skin, which is why they don’t hesitate to invest in skin care treatments at a trusted aesthetic clinic. But even before you go to see a skin care specialist, there are plenty of things you can do daily that will help you achieve a radiant, glowing complexion.
Here are some tips to help you get the gorgeous skin you’ve always wanted.
1. Lock in moisture
Fond of long, steamy showers? It may be time to rethink this habit. Long, hot showers can actually strip your skin’s moisture and wash away essential oils, thereby drying out your skin. As much as possible, limit your showers to 10 minutes and keep your water cool.
Loss of moisture can rob your skin of that highly coveted dewy appearance. Check the dryness of your skin by following these simple steps:
- Using your fingernail, scratch a small area on your leg or arm.
- If there’s a white mark left, this indicates that your skin is indeed dry. You’ll need to exfoliate and moisturize to return your skin’s youthful glow.
Use a good moisturizer:
Other than keeping your body hydrated internally, you also need to feed your skin with a good topical moisturizer. After your bath, make it a habit to moisturize your face. This will help lock in the moisture in your skin, keeping it hydrated.
2. Protect yourself from the sun
The sun’s rays are quite harmful to your skin, which is why it’s a must to wear sunscreen. Rashes, premature aging, and skin cancer are all caused by too much sun exposure and failing to get ample protection.
Whenever you go out of the house, make it a habit to wear sunscreen with SPF, and wear a wide-brimmed hat to keep your face in the shade. Even if it’s cloudy, continue using sun protection. This will lower the chances of the sun’s harmful UV rays damaging your skin.
3. Wear minimal makeup
Makeup may enhance your natural beauty and help you achieve a wide range of looks, but all the harsh chemicals and ingredients can also suffocate the skin. Whenever possible, wear less makeup, and put it on only if necessary. No matter how luxurious some cosmetic brands may be, it’s best to allow your skin to breathe freely by not applying heavy makeup.
You don’t need to throw your expensive makeup off the shelf, however; just be mindful to use it on special days. On normal days, you can simply opt to moisturize and tone your skin, and again, don’t forget to use sunscreen!
4. Eat nutritious foods
Anything you eat nourishes your body, and your skin, too. If you have the opportunity to prepare your own meals, do so. This way, you can ensure that you get all the nutrients needed for radiant, healthy skin.
- Vitamin C – This manufactures collagen which is responsible for firming up the skin. Adding vitamin C to your diet will help minimize the formation of wrinkles. It’s also an antioxidant that inhibits collagen damage.
- Iron and Zinc – If you want that “celebrity glow,” you will need a good amount of iron and zinc in your body. Zinc aids cell production, which gives you a fresh look. Iron, on the other hand, carries oxygen to your body to give you a rosy blush.
- Fiber – If you suffer often from acne, then you must include more fiber-rich foods in your meals. Indigestion is one of the major reasons for acne breakouts. Eat foods such as brown rice, apples, whole-grain bread and oatmeal to minimize acne.
- Vitamin A – Want a smooth complexion? Orange, red and green vegetables are good sources of vitamin A which is necessary for cell formation. Furthermore, it keeps the skin’s surface smooth to the touch.
If you’re a busy person and you cannot prepare your own meals, and may be missing out on all the healthful goodness of fresh fruits and vegetables, taking anti-aging supplements can help you get the nutrients you need to achieve beautiful skin.
5. Get enough sleep
Lack of sleep can affect a person’s mental and physical well-being. When you get enough hours of sleep (eight hours is recommended), you’re allowing the body to heal properly. This, in turn, can give you healthy, restored, glowing skin.
Your skin is your first layer of defense against diseases and other hazards. To achieve that healthy and beautiful skin you’ve always wanted, make it your priority to practice good skin care habits, whatever age you may be. Take note of the tips above and make them a part of your routine towards radiant, healthy skin.
- FAST WEIGHT LOSS TIPS
- WHAT TO EAT TO LOSE WEIGHT?
- TIPS TO BOOST METABOLISM- THE FASTEST WAY TO LOOSE WEIGHT
- HOW PROTEIN CAN HELP YOU IN WEIGHT-LOSS
- HOW PROTEIN CAN HELP YOU IN WEIGHT-LOSS
- STOPPING THAT REBOUND IN WEIGHT
- GARLIC MILK- AMAZING DRINK WITH LOTS OF HEALTH BENEFITS
- HEALTH BENEFITS OF GREEN TEA
- BEAUTY BENEFITS OF DRINKING COCONUT WATER DAILY
- BAD HABITS THAT CAN RUIN YOUR HEALTH (WORTH QUITTING)