Have you always avoided smiling because your teeth embarrassed you? The solution to your problem is getting “Veneer” for your teeth. They cover the visible parts of your teeth and give your smile a new lease on life.
How do they work?
The veneer is manufactured to closely resemble a natural tooth. The thin tooth-shaped shell is fitted onto a single tooth or multiple teeth to correct any chipped, cracked, stained or uneven teeth. Depending on the style you choose with the help of your dentist, it will be fitted onto your original tooth. Some dental work may be required depending on the type of veneer you choose. The result is a more aesthetically appealing tooth façade and you can smile more brightly.
Types of veneer:
- These coverings are made of a type of resin or plastic. They can be applied in a single appointment by your dentist.
- It is a quick and affordable option, but the risk of chipping, breaking and staining are high. Your dentist can easily repair this damage, but you have to be prepared to make those trips to your dentist.
- This option is usually ideal for minor cosmetic issues, such as small chips or cracks on your tooth.
- This type is the pricier choice, but it has a better aesthetic effect which may make it more cost-effective than other options in the long-term. However, the process to fit a porcelain veneer is a lengthy one.
- You will have to visit your dentist for numerous appointments.
- Your dentist may be required to reshape your original tooth in order to fit the veneer in perfectly.
- The veneers are manufactured in a dental lab. It is custom-made to your individual tooth size, color and shape so that it fits seamlessly in with the other surrounding teeth.
- This type of veneer lasts longer than other types because the porcelain is stronger and more impervious to staining.
- Dentists recommend porcelain veneers when your tooth is badly stained, chipped or cracked.
- The total cost is higher because of all the dental preparation (drilling and reshaping) that needs to be done, the multiple dental appointments required and the cost of manufacture.
- It also follows that any necessary repairs to this type of veneer are also costly and time-consuming.
- These are pre-made veneers that are not shaped and sized specifically for your individual tooth.
- They are manufactured in various colors, shapes, and sizes based on how average teeth appear.
- Your dentist will choose the best looking instant veneer that looks as close as possible to your own teeth. When the correct shape, color, and size of veneer is chosen and applied, the effect can be almost as good as porcelain veneers.
- This type is cheaper and can be fitted in one dental appointment. However, the downside is that even though they are quite stain-resistant, they don’t have the same long-term results as porcelain veneers.
- This choice is fair new to the retail market and is a thin but durable veneer made with a kind of hard dental resin.
- They are cheaper than other options and can be a good fit for your mouth.
- They don’t last as long as other types and are not recommended for dental problems like severe chipped, cracked, stained teeth or even in cases where there are many teeth missing.
Which one is best for you?
The best choice of veneer is the one that fixes your dental problem within your budget. After a dental examination, your dentist will be able to advise you on the type he/she recommends which will fix your particular issue.
Author bio: Dr. Nabil Mockbil received his DDS in 2001 from Umea University
in Sweden, regarded as having the best dentist programme in
Sweden for undergraduates. He’s now the founder of Swedish Dental Clinic in Dubai
For now, signing off until next post. Please motivate me by giving your feedback as a comment and also share your views. Don’t forget to like, subscribe, comment and share with your loved ones.
Thanks for reading | Stay happy, stay healthy.
- PCOD/PCOS- Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, Diet.
- DIET FOR PCOD (WHAT TO EAT/WHAT NOT TO EAT)
- FACTS YOU MUST KNOW ABOUT HEPATITIS
- 20 FACTS EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT CANCER AND BEWARE OF IT.
- WHAT IS PANCREATITIS (TYPES, CAUSES, AND SYMPTOMS)?
- NATURAL WAYS TO CURE PANCREATITIS
- A migraine- THE INVISIBLE ILLNESS
- 15 SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF A MIGRAINE
- NATURAL WAYS TO KILL A MIGRAINE AND HEADACHE
- HOME REMEDIES FOR CONSTIPATION