Most of us know about the health benefits of coconut oil. Coconut oil has many great uses for everything from cooking, health, and even beauty. It is considered as the super food because of its nutritional values. It has fatty acids with powerful healing properties. I personally love using coconut oil in my daily life. I do oil pulling in the morning for oral hygiene, I message myself with coconut oil before taking bath, and I oil my hair with Luke warm coconut oil twice in a week. Overall a jar of coconut oil is a must have for me. I am going to list top ways to use coconut oil in your day to day life.
Here, top 10 DIY beauty tricks with coconut oil.
- Makeup remover– Coconut oil works best as a makeup remover. Just put few drops of coconut oil on the cotton pad and sweep it all over your face. Even waterproof makeup cannot stand in front of this oil. It leaves your skin hydrated as well.
- Cheekbone highlighter– A little bit highlighter on your cheek bone can change your makeup game. And for that, you have to invest on high-end makeup products. Just sweep a small amount of coconut oil on top of your makeup and leave it.
- Shaving cream- There are lots of shaving creams in the market. They are so expensive and full of chemicals as well. But don’t worry, coconut oil is here. It works best as shaving cream .it is inexpensive, naturally antimicrobial, and smells divine. Gives soft and smooth shave. I shave my leg using it makes my legs so hydrated without making it greasy.
- For double cleansing– Double cleansing is basically Korean skin care ritual. Korean beauties first use an oil based cleanser to remove an oil based product from their skin like makeup and then use water based cleanser to clean sweat and dirt. You can use coconut oil as an oil cleanser, just take few drops of it. Message all over your face and neck then wash it off with your favorite cleanser.(if you are adult acne prone avoid this technique)
- Sooth dryness– Coconut oil works best by basically moisturizing and soothing the dryness. This allows the skin to retain the moisture.
- Deep conditioner– Coconut oil has great moisturizing properties. It is rich in fatty acids which nourish the scalp. Take Luke warm coconut oil and apply oil on your scalp and length of your hair and gently massage with fingertips. Keep it as it is at least for 1-2 hours and wash it off with the mild shampoo.
- As a body lotion– I love using coconut oil as a body moisturizer especially winters. Coconut oil increases the hydration of the skin and reduces moisture loss. It is anti fungal and anti bacterial too. You can replace your body lotions and body butter with this wonder products.
- As a hair serum– Just take few drops of coconut oil and apply it on the ends of hair to add shine on your hair. It will also make your hair smooth and tangle free. Remember to take very small amount. Little bit extra oil can make your hair greasy.
- Body scrub– This is one my favorite DIY beauty recipes. I have never bought anybody scrub from market ever. I love making my own. You can also make it for yourself, it is pretty simple. Just add 4 tablespoons of coffee and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, add few drops of your favorite essential oil for fragrance and mix it well. You can also use sugar in place of coffee but I personally love using coffee and Your DIY luxurious body scrub is ready.
- Cuticle oil– Apply coconut oil every night to keep your nails and cuticles nourished and protected against drying out and splitting. Using coconut oil regularly will smooth cuticles and restore them to health.
Now you now how much a single jar of coconut oil can be beneficial for your skin and body. so what are you waiting for? click here to buy one for yourself too.
For now signing off until next post. please motivate me by giving your feed back as comment and also share your views.
Please don’t forget to like, subscribe, comment and share with your loved ones.
Drive more traffic to your blog using performance based marketing.
Thanks for reading.
Stay happy, stay healthy.