A migraine is a headache disorder characterized by recurrent headaches that are moderate to severe. Typically, migraine affects one-half of the head in pulsating nature, and last from two to 72 hours.Associated symptoms may include nausea, vomiting, and sensitivity to light, sound, or smell.The pain is generally made worse by physical activity. symptoms differ from person to person, While some symptoms are an indication of the migraine attack in near future, some are prominent during and after the attack.
Signs and symptoms of a migraine are:
- The appearance of flickering lights, flashing dots or lines (aura). It starts an hour before and lasts from 1-3 hours. sometimes the aura can also be related to touch, movement or speech.
- Mood swings.Sudden excitement depression, irritability, and anger to extreme level are an indication that migraine attack would occur in near future. A person might switch from being extremely excited and happy to being disappointed and sad in a quick span.
- Lack of sleep is warning of an impending migraine headache. This result in restlessness and frequent yawning.
- Food craving, Some patients crave for certain types of foods. The craving vanishes once headache starts and the patient would not want to eat.
- Running nose, teary eyes, nasal irritation (symptoms of sinusitis) is also an indication of a migraine headache in near future. 90% of the cases who report the sinus related headache have a migraine as the underlying cause.
- another symptom is Frequent urination where the person needs to urinate frequently. It usually starts few hours before the attack.
- some migraine patients found it difficult to pronounce certain words or might stammer while speaking during a headache.
- One of the prominent symptoms of a migraine, an extreme headache is what every patient experience.
- Pain radiating from the head towards the back of the neck.Stiffness in the neck before a headache is also a symptom of a migraine.
- Temporary lack of sensation on one side of the body.The pins and needle sensation can starts from fingertips and pass on to hands, face, and neck and head leaving one sensationless on one side.
- Sensitivity to light and sound.The intensity of a headache multiplies when the patient is exposed to light certain sounds ar smell/odor.
- Patients who experience nausea or vomiting as a part of migraine attack find it very difficult to get back to normal in short span of time.
- Pain behind the eyes along with a headache can make it more difficult for the person to open his eyes.
- A migraine can cause blurred vision, dizziness, double vision or complete loss of vision. some people also find a problem with balancing themselves.
- After a headache is relieved most of the patients feel exhausted.this leads weakness in the muscles, especially of, arms and legs.
It is important to identify the symptoms at an early stage and seek medical attention to avoid the worsening the condition.
Drive more traffic to your blog using performance based marketing.
Please don’t forget to like, subscribe, comment and share with your loved ones.
Thanks for reading.
Stay happy, stay healthy.
Categories: Health and Beauty