Poor appetite is a common symptom of advanced age, chronic disease, or medication side effects etc. The first three months of pregnancy period is commonly associated with poor appetite that may be accompanied by nausea and vomiting. The medical term for poor appetite is anorexia. It may occur in conditions affecting the digestive system or along with more generalized conditions, such as infection, dehydration, or chronic disease.
Medications, such as antibiotics, chemotherapy, and narcotics, are common causes of poor appetite. Changes to the sensations of smell or taste can result in poor appetite. Depending on the cause, poor appetite can come and go or be constant.
Poor appetite can leave you under nourished and consequently tired and irritable.
Here are few helpful ways, which will help you to improve your appetite.
- Ginger– It contains gingerol oil which is an excellent for digestion and stimulating appetite.
How to use
- Use homemade ginger paste while cooking.
- Ginger can be added in a tea.
- Take finely chopped ginger and add a pinch of rock salt to it. Consume it half an hour before meal every day for 8 to 10 days to improve your appetite.
- Black pepper– Black pepper is a spice with a host of health benefits. It helps to improve digestion, increase appetite and treat gastrointestinal problems.
How to use
- Sprinkle black pepper in your food.
- Combine 1 table spoon of juggery powder with half table spoon of black pepper powder and consume this regularly for 8- 10 days.
- Do not try this black pepper remedy if you have stomach ulcers or have ha abdominal surgery.
- Fruits to improve appetite
Certain fruits are known to stimulate hunger and these include grapes, apples and black berries. Most of these fruits contain constituents that help to improve digestion and thus, they help to improve appetite.
In some people who are on regular medication for some health condition, the medicines may be responsible for the loss of appetite. In such cases only the doctor can provide some guidance to overcome this problem.
Therefore, if you find yourself suffering from a chronic loss of appetite and none of the remedies mentioned here will help, it is good to consult a doctor who can guide you further.
Drive more traffic to your blog using performance based marketing.
If you like what you read then please don’t forget to like , subscribe, comment and share with your friends .
Thanks for reading.
Stay happy,stay healthy.