Acne is difficult to treat and often debilitating disease that affects the skin, usually the face.The most common form of acne is an infection within a hair follicle. This infection causes varying degrees of inflammation, which manifest as pimples, nodules, and cysts.When the inflammation is severe, it can cause permanent damage to the skin and create acne scars.
Acne/pimples can diminish the quality of life: studies show that acne can decrease self-confidence and cause one to avoid social situations
There are some important things that you should definitely know about acne.
- You should not pop or pick your pimple. Squeezing can push bacteria and pus deeper into the skin, which might cause more swelling and redness. Squeezing might leave you with permanent scars. Just leave your pimple like that and dab some anti-acne gel on it for faster recovery.
- Don’t over wash and scrub your face. Overwashing and scrubbing can irritate the skin and aggravate inflammation.It reduces the natural oil of the skin, the skin reproduces and creates more amount of oil. The oversupply of oils often causes the skin to become greasy which creates breakouts. Cleansing 2 to 3 time in a day is ideal.
- If you thought medicated anti-acne creams do not work. You have got it wrong. Clindamycin, Tretinoin, Benzyl peroxide, Salicylic acid, Alpha hydroxy acids, Sulfur Can do wonders to your skin if used correctly inadequate amount and frequency.
- Salicylic acid is a beta hydroxy acid that is safe to use for all skin types. It is anti-inflammatory and helps break down the outer layer of skin which makes it an ideal treatment for acne.
- Glycolic acid is an alpha-hydroxy acid that also reduces comedones and inflammatory acne. It also improves pigmentary changes in those who have darker skin types.
- You need a skin care regime that is specially designed for your skin needs. Ask your dermatologist to create a regime that would work best for your skin.
- Have a good skin care routine ensuring that cosmetics and sun creams are suitable for acne-prone skin and preferably “non-comedogenic” i.e. products that will not block pores.
- The best thing to treat acne is to begin treatment as soon as possible. The earlier you begin treating acne The better your skin and self-esteem too.
- Have a healthy balanced diet. Here’s a list of foods that are really helpful in controlling Acne. click → FOODS FOR REDUCING ACNE
- There are many studies that link stress with the severity of acne. So try to relax. A stress-free life will also keep the pimples at a bay.
Do not suffer in silence. Visit qualified dermatologist. These are the only people properly trained in managing skin problems.
P.S.: If you liked this post, you might also like WANT AN ACNE FREE COMPLEXION? TRY THESE HOME REMEDIES and HOME REMEDIES FOR ACNE PIMPLES.
For now signing off until next post. please motivate me by giving your feedback as a comment and also share your views.
Please don’t forget to like, subscribe, comment and share with your loved ones.
Drive more traffic to your blog using performance based marketing.
Thanks for reading.
Stay happy, stay healthy.