- Going to bed and getting up at the same time will program your body to sleep better so keep regular hours.
- Keep your bedroom as quiet and dark as possible. It should be neither too hot nor too cold.
- Temperature, noise, lighting should be controlled so that the bedroom environment helps you to fall asleep, so create a restful sleeping environment.
- It is difficult to sleep on the mattress that is too soft or too hard or a bed that is too small or too old. So make sure that your bed is comfortable.
- Cut down stimulants such as caffeine in tea or coffee, especially in the evening. They interfere with the process of falling asleep. Instead, have a glass of warm milk or a green tea.
- Too much food or alcohol especially at late night can interrupt your sleeping pattern. So don’t over indulge.
- Don’t smoke, it is bad for sleep, smokers take longer to fall asleep, and they wake up more frequently.
- Try to relax before going to bed, have a warm bath, listen to soft music and do some gentle yoga to relax your mind and body.
- Don’t worry about it, if you can’t sleep just get up and do something you find relaxing until you feel sleepy again.
- Eject electronics like TV,mobile,iPod,iPad.
- Read for pleasure, nothing work related.
- Massage your ears and your pinkies.
- Catch some positive emotions.
- Make your bedroom your bedroom, it’s not a place to watch tv or a second office.they carry stress into your room.
- The acupressure points on your heel, bellow your outer ankle bone are called “calm sleep”. Pressing ankle points together by placing your thumb on one side and your fingertips on another side of your ankle, can relieve the pain from your waist down and enable your body to relax deeply for good night sleep.
- Stretch your eyes moving in a large circle.
- Take Slightly Warm coconut oil or mustard oil and gently massage your neck, shoulder, back and bottom of your feet, massage in circular motion for 5-10 minutes before going to bed.
- Put one or two drops of lavender oil in a handkerchief and place it near your pillow while you sleep.
- Have bed position in such way that you can see the door, not being able to see the entrance of your bedroom can create the anxiety in some people.
- Keep the room neat and clean with the balanced look and feel.
Thanks for reading,
Stay happy,stay healthy.